Latest generation NX Windows NAS appliance.
Dell Storage NX network attached storage is an affordable NAS appliance harnessing the innovations of Windows Storage Server 2016.
The Dell Storage NX storage appliances are easy to use and manage through a familiar, central management interface for stand-alone or cluster configurations:
- OS pre-installed for easy deployment
- Optimized for file serving with Windows Storage Server 2016
- Clustering capabilities when using the NX3340 or NX3330
Rely on high speed and efficiency with NAS appliances built on 13th and 14th Generation PowerEdge rack mount server technology.
- The latest generation multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors
- Up to 64GB* of memory and 192TB* raw capacity (NX3240)
- Options for SATA, NL-SAS and SAS drives
NAS gateway option
Leverage additional SAN arrays for massive external expansion by installing the NX3340 option as a NAS gateway. Support for clustering up to 64 nodes leveraging Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV) when connected to PowerVault MD3, EqualLogic or Dell Compellent storage arrays.
Spend less time managing data and more time building your business using Microsoft® System Center and the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows Storage Server 2016 or the Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC9 or iDRAC8) Enterprise Edition to manage your data. In addition, you’re able to efficiently utilize NAS capacity resources and optimize your disk space with integrated features within the Dell Storage NX family, including:
- Data deduplication
- Thin provisioning
- DFS-R synchronization capabilities across limited bandwidth network connections in distributed and remote office environments
Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for SMB file shares that allows backup operations using snapshots of remote file shares supporting SMB-based server applications
The Dell Storage NX family features Windows Storage Server 2016 software offering Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2016 performance and versatility in the NAS appliances. It includes:
- Latest SMB 3.0 features that support Hyper-V and SQL server
- Continuous availability and failover clustering with NFS and iSCSI
- Automatic detection and use of multiple network connections between SMB client and server
Dell Storage NX3230
Effectively manages both file and block data with advanced software for efficient, adaptable data sharing.
Dual-socket, 2U rack mount NAS server
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family
Up to 32GB* memory
SATA, NL-SAS or SAS drive options
Up to 12 hot-swap 3.5” drives for data; two 2.5” drives for OS
Up to 120TB* raw capacity
Leveraging the PowerEdge R730xd server precision technology