Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture enables control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, a full-time manual focus override is also available.
- The redeveloped physical design incorporates a metal lens mount for durability as well as a re-located focusing ring to maintain a compact form factor.
- The rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||46°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||13.78″ / 35 cm|
|Optical Design||6 Elements in 5 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||49 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.72 x 1.54″ / 69.2 x 39.2 mm|
|Weight||5.64 oz / 160 g|