Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture enables control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, a full-time manual focus override is also available.
- The redeveloped physical design incorporates a metal lens mount for durability as well as a re-located focusing ring to maintain a compact form factor.
- The rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
|Lens Format Coverage
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
|13.78″ / 35 cm
|6 Elements in 5 Groups
|49 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
|2.72 x 1.54″ / 69.2 x 39.2 mm
|5.64 oz / 160 g