Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM Lens
- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture offers extensive control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques. This bright design also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- One glass-molded aspherical element helps to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the effects of camera shake by compensating for up to four stops of shutter speed.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Fluorine-coating on exposed elements affords protection to the optical system, resists smudging and fingerprints, and is easier to clean.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||28° 30′|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.79′ / 85 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.49 x 4.15″ / 88.6 x 105.4 mm|
|Weight||2.09 lb / 950 g|